Having regard to the safety of all the litigants, lawyers, visitors to the Court premises and Court staff, and with a view to assist the efforts made by the Supreme Court, the Central and the State Governments to prevent spread of Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19), Hon’ble the Chief Justice has issued the following directions which will come into force w.e.f. 17.03.2020 and will operate till 31.03.2020 subject to further orders being passed.
- The High Court of Gujarat will take up only urgent matters;
- Cause lists will be displayed as usual and the Courts will hold sitting on usual timing 11 o’clock. Only those matters categorised as urgent matters on the cause list will be taken up at the discretion of the Court, subject to due notice to the other side, if any, already appearing on advance notice or cavcat.
- No adverse orders to be passed in the absence of the Counsel or party-in-person wherever appearing.
- In cases where interim orders are expiring on the date the matter is shown in the cause list, the same would be extended by the Court and a date will be fixed after two weeks. Slips may be given to the Court Master by the Counsel, Clerk/Party-in-person.
- President GHANA, to ensure that Bar Library, Reference Library, all Bar Rooms and Bar Canteen are closed by 1 pm everyday
- Members of the Bar are requested not to attend or sit in large numbers in all the premises mentioned at Serial No.
By order of Hon’ble the Chief Justice